Welcome to the Legal Project Management Club
LPMC is a multi disciplinary cross-professional initiative of practitioners and others established to promote and deliver best practice, standards, competencies and professional excellence in legal project management through individual and corporate training consultancy services and networking. The practical objectives of LPMC are:
- To provide a forum for discourse amongst legal project managers.
- To deliver reasonably priced certificated training courses to those wishing to acquire and/or improve their project management skills.
- To advise governments, judiciaries, Bars, private enterprises and academic institutions on establish legal project management systems and courses to promote, teach and research legal project management methods and their uses.
- To promote actively the expertise and experience of its members and registered users in the marketplace.
- To monitor and validate registered users training and CPD records.
- To engage with legal project management service providers, legal project managers of all kinds, clients and academics researching legal project management and associated fields to create minimum practice standards and competencies for the benefits of the legal project management profession and its consumers.
- To crerate a recognisable brand and mark among consumers which will identify registered users practices with the LPMC threshold for legal project management.
LPMC operates through a Chairperson, Secretariat and an appointed Advisory Board.
LPMC provides open, in-house (subject to social distancing measures) and distributed training through the use of senior practitioners and experienced trainers in the legal and project management fields.
LPMC provides an e-newsletter and hopes to commission a full practice and academic journal in due course.
LPMC promotes its identity with a logo which has become established as a quality mark for legal project managers. Members are licensed to use the LPMC logo on their letterhead, web site and other locations.
LPMC members belonging to other professional bodies and are the subject of regulation carried out by the members "home" professional standards body, e.g., Solicitors Regulatory Authority, Bar Standards Board, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Institute of Chartered Accountants, etc., and these govern among other things requirements regarding conduct, ethics and professional indemnity insurance. LPMC expects registered users to comply fully with any applicable codes of conduct.
Anyone who works in the area of Legal Project Management whether for a law firm or other organisation or is an academic in the LPM field or has an interest in LPM, is welcome to join LPMC. The benefits of membership include the opportunity to network with like minded people, explore and learn new methods and techniques to do with LPM and, develop new friendships. (Note: We are currently transferring LPMC to new servers and will expect to be back on-line shortly).
Equa's Win-Do-Learn/Grow approach provides an effective framework for both delivering great projects and growing as a legal project manager. Based partly on a waterfall approach to management and partly on agile working, Equa's LPM process and accompanying software package "ODIN" (under development) provides both the structure and the learning environment to support distributed legal project management in post Covid-19 work environment.
Get in Touch
If you would like to contact us regarding anything you have seen on this web site or have a question that has not been answered then please use the following form to contact us. All bona fide communications will be acknowledged and we will do our best to respond to you within 24 hours. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.